Box-Culvert Jacking Systems
Tenbusch Inc. designs and manufactures custom box-culvert jacking components and systems. From desktop conception to the heavy duty steel machinery delivered at the jobsite, Tenbusch produces high quality equipment. Tenbusch can supply either individual components or a complete integrated box-culvert jacking system based on customer needs and requirements.
Box-Culvert Tunneling System
Tenbusch Inc. manufactures custom tunneling shields, push adapters, and jacking frames for installing box-culverts. Robust, heavy duty box-culvert tunneling systems include the following components:
- Tunneling Shield - Sized to the culvert and protects the excavation at the face,
- Push Adapters - Used to mate the jacking unit to various box culvert sizes,
- Jacking Frame - Provides the necessary thrust to install the culvert,
- Hydraulic Power Unit - Supplies the power for jacking operations,
- Backstop - Distributes the machine thrust to the back of the pit.
Individual systems can be custom designed for multiple box culvert sizes and shapes, and with variable thrust ranges.
Box-Culvert Jacking Unit and HPU
Box-Culvert Tunneling Shield with Sand Shelves
Additional equipment improves the tunneling process and enhance efficientcy:
- Sand Shelves - Limits spoil run-in for sandy/silty soils,
- Excavator - Improves excavation rates,
- Conveyor - Moves spoil from floor of the tunnel face to the muck cart,
- Spoil Removal Equipment - Muck cart and track,
- Lubricant System - Reduces required jacking forces.
For more information, or to learn how our box-culverts jacking systems can help you achieve your objectives, please contact us at Tenbusch Inc.
Box-Culvert Jacking System Components
Hydraulic Power Units for Underground Construction Applications
Hydraulic Power Units
Tenbusch Inc. designs and manufactures custom hydraulic power units (HPU's) for underground construction applications. Tenbusch HPU's are integral to the pipe jacking and tunneling processes, providing the following:
- Power and thrust for shield/tunnel advancement
- Hydraulic pressure for steering cylinders
- Hydraulic power for the shield excavator and conveyor
- Necessary hydraulic power to operate the lubrication system.
Tenbusch Inc. will work with your company to build the optimum hydraulic power unit that satisfies your most critical and demanding underground construction hydraulic power applications. (More information ...)
Backstops (Thrust Walls)
Backstops (Thrust Walls)
Backstops are a composite structure of steel and concrete designed to provide a "thrust wall" for underground construction applications. Backstops are ideally suited for jacking operations where they provide the following functions:
- Contribute significant mass for stabilizing thrust and jacking processes
- Distribute the jacking forces more evenly to the surrounding soil
- Reduce the deflection and drift of heavy equipment in thrust and jacking processes.
Another advantage of the backstop is that it is portable and easily transported from job to job. (More information ...)
Tunneling and Pipe Jacking Shield Excavators
Tenbusch Inc. designs and fabricates custom tunneling and pipe jacking shield excavators. Mechanized excavation at the face of the shield greatly improves productivity, which can reduce the overall cost of the tunneling project. Tunnel shield excavators are designed and built for maximum range of motion and are able to reach and excavate at any location on the face of the tunnel. As with all Tenbusch equipment, shield excavators are custom built according to the customer's specifications and job site conditions.
An added benefit of purchasing a shield excavator is that the excavator can be transferred to other shields for additional tunneling projects. (View video ...)
Tunneling and Pipe Jacking Shield Conveyors
Tenbusch Inc. designs and fabricates custom tunneling and pipe jacking shield conveyors. A mechanized conveyor within the shield transports spoil from the floor of the tunnel face and conveys it up and into the muck cart. Conveyors improve productivity, and can reduce the overall cost of the tunneling project. Shield conveyors are custom built for the customer's specific requirements and job site conditions.
An added benefit of purchasing a shield conveyor is that the conveyor can be transferred to other shields for additional tunneling projects. (View video ...)
Spoil (Muck) Cart and Track
Muck Cart and Track
Tenbusch Inc. designs and manufactures custom spoil removal equipment for conventional pipe jacking and liner plate tunneling applications. Tenbusch track is designed with the following features:
- Designed to be easily bolted together in the tunnel
- Sized for maximum strength and rigidity
- Kept as light as possible to make it easy for the workers to install.
A wheeled conveyor separate from the spoil bowl allows the bowl to be easily removed and dumped outside of the work pit. The bowl is designed to automatically dump when lifted by the appropriate hinged liftpoint only. A transport rack is provided for maximum utility. Quality design, function, and manufacture.
Bentonite/Polymer Lubrication Systems
Underground Lubrication Systems
Tenbusch Inc. designs and manufactures custom lubrication systems for mixing and pumping underground lubricants, such as bentonite and polymer solutions. Lubricants reduce the friction load on the shield and/or pipe surfaces. Overall power and thrust requirements are diminished as the friction loads are reduced. The lubricant systems are designed for maximum utility and ease of use and can be customized as needed. Tenbusch lubricant systems are designed to work off the secondary circuit of Tenbusch hydraulic power units. (More information ...)